Friday, January 30, 2009

Grateful

You know, Macae and I have been busy preparing to attend the Polar Bear Run, and training for other races. Something stopped me in my tracks and made me really think.


I have been having some issues with my feet. Poor training on my part. Lack of knowledge about what I needed to do. So now I am dealing with the discomfort and trying to correct it.


I was feeling sort of full of self pity and brooding for lack of words. I can tell you I have had a slap of reality in my frame of mind.


Mary Eblen was my 2nd grade PE teacher, my daughter's PE teacher, a friend-and the most ferocious golfer that Tiger Woods has Never faced!


Mary has been fighting bone cancer for 15 years. She ended up this winter having a partial amputation. And yet-she was at school talking to the kids about the impact of change, strength, and how to go on.


WOW-what a motivating presence. THAT is why we do this ladies-Mary is planning to kick Karla Hinnah's butt in golf this spring-(it is practically a bet-I would go money down on Mary!)


Mary will get fitted for her prosthetic soon. And she is passionate about being back with kids and talking to them about it.


I have a song on my workout during my run-don't take the sideline in your own life-Wow does she embody that.


So step up folks-our trials are trivial-I'm thinking this gal is the most spunky WOW girl in the Burg-I'm hoping to see her at one of our events or maybe con her into teaching me to play golf.

Hope to see you on the trail!

Teri



No comments:

Post a Comment