Sunday, February 1, 2009

Getting the Gear

As we were talking at Heroes the other day a few things came up about running gear -- First of all shoes, second of all wicking material, third "walkman" (yeah, you can't tell what generation I'm from), and most of all feeling like a "running hobo".

I got to thinking what a great reward for a run well done. Why not celebrate the accomplishment of competing in your first 5K, 10K, Half-marathon, or marathon with running wear? Seems like a good excuse to me.

Besides being a great reward, having the right gear can make a run all that much better!!! When I bought my first pair of Nike running pants it make such a difference in how the run felt -- Many of you don't have this problem, but some do -- when I put on these pants and went running nothing jiggled!!! The same can be said for a good sports bra!!! And the right shoes can make a great deal of difference in how your legs, knees, and hips feel after a run -- again as we talked about at Heroes -- the Nikes just DO NOT cut it!!! I will give my whole-hearted support to the Asics Gel Nimbus, I am on my second pair. I saw the Dr. not too long after I started running and he said to be sure to keep track of how many miles I put on my shoes and replace them often (he's a triathlete). Teri read the stats on wicking clothing, I let her extrapolate on that subject later. And who can run without a good set of tunes (if you don't have a running buddy)? I will include my current running playlist at the end of the post. I don't know how many times I have made it through the last 1/2 mile because of a good song!!! Teri has invested in that cool little contraption that tracks her run stats on her ipod. I use my blackjack II as my mp3 player so I invested in a pedometer, heart rate, mileage, watch and I love it!! (Wal-Mart, $40 in the sports section)

My thoughts are as you go make sure to get some good running gear -- YOU DESERVE IT!!!

Here is my current running playlist - it is very eclectic:
Rehab -- Amy Winehouse
So What'Cha Want -- Beastie Boys
Hold it Now, Hit It -- Beastie Boys
Pump It -- Blackeyed Peas
Don't Phunk With My Heart -- Blackeyed Peas
Subterranean Homesick Blues -- Bob Dylan
Lit Up -- Buckcherry
County Fair -- Chris LaDoux
Little Bit of Life -- Craig Morgan
Sin Wagon -- Dixie Chicks
Get Over It -- Eagles
London Bridge -- Fergie
Low -- Flo-Rida
All Jacked Up -- Gretchen Wilson
Paradise City -- Guns 'n' Roses
Let's Get Loud -- Jennifer Lopez
Rev It Up and Go-Go -- Jesse James Dupree and Dixie Inc.
Bad Reputation -- Joan Jett
Bawitdabe -- Kid Rock
Cowboy -- Kid Rock
Ramble On -- Led Zeplin
Kashmir -- Led Zeplin
Where Are We Runnin' -- Lenny Kravitz
Ray of Light -- Madonna
Hella Good -- Gwen Stefani
Que Te Pica -- Notch
Firestarter -- Prodigy
Superbeast -- Rob Zombie
Dragula -- Rob Zombie
Click Click Boom -- Saliva
Cherokee Boogie -- BR549
Shut Up and Let Me Go -- The Ting Tings
Let's Go -- Trick Daddy
Jump -- Van Halen
Dr. Feelgood -- Motley Cru
I think that is it!!!! Hope you can enjoy a few that I do -- there's a little bit for everyone -- sometimes I feel at little like I have multiple personalities!!!

Have a great run (or walk)!!!!
Macae

No comments:

Post a Comment