Friday, January 16, 2009

80% and 20%

I know on these gray winter days it is hard to get up and get moving. You have to get your running gear on and pile on extra, whether you are going to run/walk outside or heading to the community center. The community center track is usually pretty packed by the time I get there and you spend part of the time dodging folks that are three or four across walking or running and talking -- don't get me wrong a good conversation can make a run go along a lot faster. Anyway, right now it is easy to make excuses to stay on the couch, in a nice warm house, and as my husband likes to say, "eat bon-bons". But once you get it in your head to go, it really isn't that bad -- once you're there you might as well run, and you might as well push yourself to the goal you set out for! They say 80% of the effort is spent convincing ourselves to workout, and 20% is spent on the workout! Remember this the next time you are thinking staying home is the better option!!!

I thought I would also add that probably the song that can get me running when I am tired is "Welcome to the Jungle". Also if you are looking for good workout songs check out the lists on www.fitnessmagazine.com they have tons of very different lists to look at with all different tempos and types of music!!! I have downloaded several songs that I never would have otherwise!

Macae

No comments:

Post a Comment