Thursday, January 15, 2009

Romantic Runner?

Hope everyone is finding a way to get in a run/walk even though we have subartic temperatures. Macae and I are very excited for the Polar Bear Run next Saturday-especially since the forecast is saying it will be 55 degrees next Thursday! Maybe our Polar Bear Run should say "leave the parka at home!"

One thing I've learned about taking up the hobby of running is that you'd be surprised who is, was, or would like to become a runner. (again-we are talking the amateur semi-pro non -professional type of runner!)

I was reading in my Runner's World Magazine and saw an article that I thought was interesting.

Being women, we're suckers for a great romance novel or movie. The Notebook, Message in a Bottle, and Roads to Rodanthe are some of my favorites. All were written by author Nicholas Sparks.

Well, did you know HE was a collegiate level runner and is currently a high school track coach? check out this link!
http://www.runnersworld.com/article/0,7120,s6-243-408--12942-0,00.html

I love music- always have. One thing that really gets me charged up on a run is my playlist.
What songs do you listen to to work out? Another interesting fact is that in some organized runs, they will not let you use an iPOD or MP3-they consider the adrenaline rush gained with your power songs to be an "enhancer" of sorts. Strange!
My favorite song to run to right now is "Your Last Day" by Nickelback
What are some of your favorite workout songs? One the website http://www.nikeplus.com the top song listed by runners was "Eye of the Tiger" which I find hilarious since I grew up a Warrensburg Tiger and we played that song at EVERY sporting event.
If anyone is interested in going for a run or attending the Polar Bear or Groundhog Run next weekend, email us at womenofwarrensburg@yahoo.com and we can help get you signed up!
Hope to see you on the road!
Teri
:)

1 comment:

  1. Hey ladies! Thanks for getting this great blog going. Not sure if I'm going to get to do the Polar Bear Run as I start the weekend class I teach that weekend. Also not sure about the Groundhog Run yet. I'd love to do it but still seeing how the calendar is looking. I did see that online registration ends on the 20th so that may be something to note for others that are interested.

    I'm hoping to get out this weekend and run since it sounds like warmer temps are coming! Yippee! Happy Trails to everyone!

    ReplyDelete