Friday, January 23, 2009

I Would Walk 500 Miles!

When I was in high school, my cousin Angie and I used to walk in the morning. She didn't really like it I don't think. I would drag her butt out of bed and my aunt would drive her in town. But she turned me on the the Proclaimers. Particularly, the song 500 Miles. (I'm including a link friends!)

Imagine 20 years later. At the Warrensburg Community Center, they have the 250 mile club. Everytime you walk/swim/run 250 miles, you get a "shoe" on the wall of fame. I earned my first last summer. 250 miles with a combination of running/ walking.

So my friends, I am within 10 miles of my second 250 miles-a total of 500 miles. And it reminded me of Angie and I setting out on our walks listening to the Proclaimers. I have ran/walked 500 miles in deliberate exercise in one year! I have ran to St. Louis and back-
I am a jock!
SO-I encourage all of you finding a reason to go-I was mighty proud of figuring I had earned another shoe and gone 500 miles-
I would walk 500 miles
and I would walk 500 more-

It sure feels great
and that's for sure!

Hope to see you on the road!
Teri
Macae and I are freezing out butts off in the snow tomorrow morning at the Polar Bear Run-Pictures will definitely be there-and I will also post from the Groundhog Run on Sunday!
http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=46063331

No comments:

Post a Comment