Thursday, December 10, 2009

Who Knows What the Tide Might Bring?

It seems so odd to think that this year is almost over. I was talking to my daughters, determining when their cousin, Sydney, will go to the school I teach at. We figured out when my youngest daughter, Kellyn, will go to school there. And the reality hit me that my oldest, Katie will be a senior then, and Caroline will be in the 8th grade nearly ready for high school.

How did time go so fast? If there has been one thing I have learned this year-is you have to live life as though today was your last day. (I'm linking a song to this also!)

The woulda, coulda, shoulda attitude will get you nowhere. My boss shared a quote by JFK, that paraphrased stated change is inevitable. You can't so focus so much on the past and present that you miss out on the future.

I type this as I've heard of another person who passed away yesterday.

One change I've noticed in myself is my attitude towards running/exercise. In the past it was always something done out of necessity usually while dieting. The thing that I love now, and that my friends in the WOW would probably echo, is that we run for enjoyment and leisure.

The other day was not a good day, and to unwind, I felt the need to go on a run. That is a terrific feeling knowing that I have found a new passtime and way to have fun or destress.

So, as the year is wrapping up, I know 2010 will greet me with even more changes. I don't think this will go down as a year we look back on and miss. The recession, war, and many of us lost loved ones. I know now that it's all in the attitude we have. Two years ago, I found running. Last year I helped get WOW going and found my new running friends. I know that no matter the struggles, that there will be something new and exciting for me in 2010. As Tom Hanks said in the movie Castaway,

"And I know what I have to do now. I gotta keep breathing. Because tomorrow the sun will rise. Who knows what the tide could bring?"

"If Today Was Your Last Day" Nickelback
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y__hGIzJpGY


Here's to Change!
Hope to see you on the road-
Teri

2 comments:

  1. Terri - you're awesome and I so enjoy your blog! WOW has blessed my life this year so THANK YOU to you and Macae for your vision and passion to get us going. Here's to 2010 and all it holds!! Blessings!
    -Michelle Schubert

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tear-you've been right there the whole time girl-it has been a wonderful thing-
    I'm so happy I have gotten to know you this year!
    We are a new group of friends and sisters-here's to many years of fun!
    Hope to see you soon~!-
    Teri

    ReplyDelete