Monday, December 7, 2009

Warrensburg, Missouri 64093-a town of Runners!

I guess there was an editorial written to the Daily Star Journal about the negative impact runners have on our community. I have not read it and would like it sent to me by anyone who has it-so I am responding without all of the facts and quotes. Our club has decided to respond with a collective voice and after we are better informed.

Let me say-this aggravated and irritated many WOW gals-we are planning a response collectively, so if you saw this editorial, please provide your imput.

We are a group that focuses on the positive aspect of being involved with a fitness group. SO-with that being said, there will be no bashing or lashing out.

Our group was founded on January 31, 2009 to bring women together in an easily accessible way to focus on fitness, fun, and friendship. Our mantra is "All Women, All Ambitions, All Abilities".

I know that those of use who have benefited from this group would praise the support and fun we have had. I can't imagine how anything that promotes health and community is a negative and harmful effect which will bring us all down.

I'll go on personal testimony-I have running friends. I have friends in group who upon meeting then became excited about meeting and became more physically fit. This group is growing-we are up to 100 members and counting after a year. Several WOW gals attended a race of 800 in Overland Park KS-and guess what, they knew who the WOW women were and greeted us! Warrensburg is extending a friendly hand with our club of runners and walkers.

WOW Gals-keep coming!
There will always be those who are negative, but the positive change for each of us and our involvement in the communithy is only going to make Warrensburg a better, friendlier, and healthier place to call home!
Sorry for typos-but I'm a little irritated!
Hope to see you on the road!
Teri

1 comment:

  1. My name is David Feldman. I am trying to raise money for St. Jude Children's Research Hospital, and oen event I have planned is a walk-a-thon in Independence, MO. I wanted to reach out to you and see if you know of anyone that would like to participate. You can get all the details of what I'm doing here: http://giveonemillion.blogspot.com/2010/12/day-261-14509.html It is a non-competative event, and I am just getting sponsors for my walk. For those interested in walknig with me, they can either pay $15 (all goes to St. Jude) or get their own sponsors. Each participant will get a Give One Million T-Shirt and a St. Jude pin. Let me know what you think, and if you can help in any way. Thanks! I hope to hear from you soon!

    Best regards,

    David Feldman
    giveonemillion@hotmail.com
    www.giveonemillion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete