Monday, December 14, 2009

The Richest Man in Town!

I'm slowly creeping into the holiday spirit. This year has had it's challenges.
My favorite all time, most loved holiday movie is It's a Wonderful Life.

This movie just is classic-the scene with Jimmy Stewart running through Bedford Falls in the snow always brings a smile to my face.

I don't recall the song, but it says "people need people". While we're busy buying gifts and laying them under the tree, the greatest gift we have are "our" people.

I know I couldn't get by without my loved ones and the encouragement and support they offer.

When we ran in the Great Santa Run I was the last dog in our quartet to haul into the finish. And when I saw my WOW friends yelling and hollering for me, I just smiled and thought "there are my friends!"

As you know, we had a huge loss in my family this year. It was almost foreshadowing, as Steel Magnolias was on every weekend for awhile before Grandpa passed away. There are so many times in that movie that friends and family are the ones pulling each other out of grief. My daughter, Katie, swears this is our bunch! All with laughter!

I don't know, whether it's a run, the economy, a lost loved one, needing coffee or TP from my neighbor, or a laugh when you're down, I'm thinking the love and support of friends makes all of us very rich and blessed!
They aren't wrapped in fancy packages with shiny bows, but surely, people we love make us all rich indeed!
I know that I am blessed and so many people make life very rich!
It's a Wonderful Life!
Hope to see you on the road!
Teri
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ErrzjGCi3gY&feature=PlayList&p=2BA603D3E54B0DA6&playnext=1&playnext_from=PL&index=50

No comments:

Post a Comment