Sunday, December 13, 2009

City Mouse, Country Mouse

Happy Holidays to you all! My sister in law and her St. Louis Girls are running the Nashville Country Music Marathon/Half on April 24th in 2010. I was wondering "how many people will be there?"

I grew up in a town with approximately 15000 people. When you go to "big" races, the group generally excedes the whole population of my town.

I started to ponder. I've ran in KC Komen twice-25000, St. Louis Komen 65,000 twice.

So while I don't choose to live in a larger town, for a few hours, I embrace a much larger community of runners. These people are giving high fives, smiling, and all very very happy to be there.

So now I'm looking forward to venturing to one of my favorite states, The Volunteer State, Tennessee, to meet more running friends.

How many new running friends will we meet? It's all very exciting!

My sister and I are going to sign up next weekend when they visit for Christmas-so the ink will be on the line-and we will be committed-I think her 3rd half marathon-my first. I'm so excited, scared, and looking forward to this adventure~!
http://nashville.competitor.com/
http://nashville.competitor.com/photos/?nggpage=3
Hope to see you on the road!
Teri

2 comments:

  1. Teri,
    I think that's the same weekend of the St. Louis Go event that Phil and I were planning to attend. We haven't registered yet, but was seriously considering it. Good luck to you and your sis! - Angela

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Country Mouse! Congratulations on signing up to do your first half-mara, that's VERY exciting and I'll hope to join you for some of your training runs. Thanks for the fun blog - I do love making new friends through all of the running events!

    Take care!
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete