Thursday, February 5, 2009

Working on a Dream

Who didn't watch the Super Bowl?
I was loaded up with my plate of nachos when Bruce and the E Street band came on. Then they started playing Born to Run, and eventually, "Working on a Dream".
It struck me because it is a new anthem so to speak.
"I'm working on a dream
A dream that seems so far away"

And I realized that hey-I'm focused on this running thing-it's not just a crinkle in my attention span-it's something I really want to do and do for awhile.
Being committed to this way of life is not a band- aid for a big tush-it's health and fitness. For the long haul.
Every race I've been to is a commitment to that-that runners are not only fit, but they are happy and dedicated.
So-I'm trying to jump or hop on board!



Macae and I have been building and planning the WOW for several months. But something changed.

I came home from meeting with some wonderful ladies on January 31st and realized this idea had created a group of powerful females-some of them aren't with us yet-but we have friends who will be coming on board. Our club was born that day! I thank those of you who took the chance to follow our invitation. It's pretty simple I think-women/moms/wives need more, and it might not always be easily accessible or affordable. But we're hoping to keep it that way for all women who wish to join us. We aren't necessarily medal winners- but we're there!


So, the WOW was born on January 31,2009 to many wonderful women who are hoping to change their life in some way.

The Runners are meeting this Saturday at 7 am at the Warrensburg Community Center for a run-let us know if you want to join the fun!
I am going to talk to some walkers to try to set up a similar thing.

We brainstormed that Saturday walks/runs might work best for everyone at this time.

Our community is growing-invite a friend to join us-
We will be planning to meet before our next race events. And to the walkers-races aren't exclusive to you-they are open to walkers/runners.
We hope to see you there!

I saw a great quote the other day ladies-
"Pain is weakness leaving the body"

So when we push on-we are defeating our insecurities, downfalls, and instead building our triumphs, accomplishments, and conquering our fears!

I think we should give it up to WOW!- Whoop Whoop Whoop! YOU GO GIRLS!
Teri

2 comments:

  1. Hi, I got information from Michelle at weight watchers and would like to join in the fun!! I am just not sure I am upto the status of some. I run about 2 miles 3-4 times a week and did 3 or 4 5k last summer/fall. The most I have ever run is 4 miles. I would like to say I have done more. So just show up at 7 am at the community center on Saturday?
    Jamie White
    aaronsparents@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are a all abilities/ambitions/accomplishment sort of group. We are just hear to cheer! (each other, that is!)
    Please plan to get together with us and we are trying to coordinate groups of runners/walkers to set up their own activities.
    We hope to see you soon!
    WOW

    ReplyDelete