Sunday, February 15, 2009

Teri's puttin' in overtime

Okay, I feel kinda like a slacker! Teri has blogged about a hundred times since I even looked at the site -- oh to have self-sufficient children, it is these times that I am okay with the fact we decided to stop at three (although I have the other times too)!

Well, I have been feeling the pain of becoming a runner so I am trying to make sure to take it a little easy on my hip and figure out what the problem is before I really hurt myself.

There are times I feel like a runner and times that I feel pretty dumb about running. Things like I know I need to stretch, but am not sure about which stretches to do. I did order a subscription to Runner's World to try to gain more information.

I guess in Teri and my mind this was probably one of the reasons to start a running group. To have a group with seasoned runners, newbies, and those in the middle all working together to make the best possible runner/walker out of each of us. I know that there is a lot that I can still learn -- heck I only ran my first 5K last summer. I'm not even a year into this habit/hobby/obsession.

I would like to see some of our Saturday get togethers turn into not only runs, but times that we can share knowledge and know how. I'm thinking once a month a run and breakfast at Mary Jane's or CK would be a good idea. It would give us the chance to get to know each other better!!!

Let us know what you think: email womenofwarrensburg@yahoo.com

See you on the road!
Macae

No comments:

Post a Comment