Sunday, March 8, 2009

Inspiring the Next Generation of WOW!


Okay, so I had to miss yet another race to do stuff with the kids! Sometimes I feel that my life is all about being something to everyone else. I guess that just comes with putting on the hats of Mom, Wife, Teacher, Etc. I probably wouldn't want it any other way.

The great thing about missing my race on Saturday is that I didn't miss Emerald's. She just had a short 3 laps around a circle at the AWANA's games, but she came in first in her heat!!! She looked up the bleachers at me after that race and beamed!!!

She had run with the WOW group several weekends ago and made it about 2 miles before she tired out and walked the remaining 4 miles. What a trooper. She really is enjoying running. It is amazing how changing one little thing in my life caused such a change in hers. I hope it sticks with her -- I can't wait for the day she can do a 5K with me! Maybe we will set our sites on the KC Breast Cancer Run.

Just remember for those of you who are moms or will be moms -- those kids watch everything we do. Hopefully they catch the good things!

No comments:

Post a Comment