Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Start Anew...Again

It seems that I am in a pretty simple cycle -- run, don't run, run, don't run -- and as I get back into the run part again my body is punishing me for my time off. It's hard to figure out why I don't run, I just feel better when I do. So then I am happy to be back up and running even as I am icing my hip. I feel better when I run, I look better when I run, I think better when I run! That being said - WOW is beginning a new chapter too!!! I am so excited about the new ideas and thoughts that came from our latest meeting. I think the joining together in running "teams" with one or two leaders is a great step forward in supporting new runners. And Pat's thoughts on "No Runner Left Behind" are great too say the least!!! (though I HATE that theory as applied to education-just had to keep that clear) So look into joining a "team". Two teams are starting this week - Wizard of Oz - Wickedly Fast Half in Olathe, KS on April 16th led by Jayme and Macae and The DIVA DASH womens' 5K on March 5th led by Sarah and Michelle M.

1 comment:

  1. Also, Julie Lewis and Michelle Moore will be leading the group of fabulous ladies running Rock The Parkway!!

    ReplyDelete