Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Oh the Places You Can Go!


Hello Ladies-

I hope you are all doing terrific and making strides on your journey.


This is the time of the year when I begin to think of the end of the school year. It's also graduation for both high school and collegiate scholars.


I had a visit with a former student the other day. We were talking about his future plans and reflecting on our time together in 5th grade.


It reminded me of the Dr. Seuss book "Oh, the Places You'll Go". (He was a GENIUS!) A dear family friend gave me this for HS graduation. (Dan and Robin Smith) I still read it in my classroom!


Whether we are graduates of high school diplomas or collegiate degrees-or maybe, just maybe, runners on the street, we can all look forward to all the places we can go.


Last weekend, I competed in the Country Music Half Marathon. I was not prepared-I will admit that. But I wanted to experience something new. And I did!


This is a book that was most likely written for graduates or small children even. But don't let yourself think for even a second that we can't have dreams as adults. We can still find those mountains to climb.


The school district I teach in has a motto. "Believe and Achieve". I would like to correct that.


I can tell you after my experience last weekend completing my first half marathon-that it begins with the DREAM that you BELIEVE you can accomplish. And the icing on the cake is when you ACHIEVE it! So whether you are a 1 miler, 5k, 10K, Halfer, Full Marathoner-Keep going!


So to all of you-DREAM-BELIEVE-ACHIEVE! And Oh, the PLACES YOU WILL GO!



http://www/homepages.ius.edu.HARRISLA/places.htm






Hope to see you on the road-Who knows where we will go!
Teri

No comments:

Post a Comment