Thursday, July 2, 2009

If you go there, it will happen, eventuallly!

I'm listening to a great song by my pool with my kids-Working on a dream by the Boss, Bruce Springsteen.

You know, something I've noticed with a lot of our WOW gals is that a lot of these women were not runners when they were, "younger".
Not track stars, not competitors, not even athletes.

But they've pushed on. Some of our WOW Gals have ran half marathons and were not runners in high school. That is an accomplishment!

My point being, if you believe in something, and work at it, sweat, and dream for an outcome, you can achieve those goals. Whether it be a 5K, 10K, Half, or like I see for some of our gals, eventually the sacred MARATHON-you can do it-if you go there it will eventually happen!

I think the most powerful vehicle with the WOW is the belief by our members that they can accomplish those long saught after goals. It's like that classic movie, Field of Dreams, if you build it they will come. If you believe, dream,aspire, you can run! And the great thing is that these gals are SUCH a huge support. I was off the road and on the injured list. And let me tell you, my WOW gals kept me going!

So don't get frustrated, we're here for each other-that's the purpose of this club-ALL WOMEN, ALL ABILITIES, ALL AMBITIONS! Join us and just enjoy this group and the friends that are here-I've made so many-my running friends!
Hope to see you on the road!
Teri

No comments:

Post a Comment