Sunday, June 14, 2009

Accomplishments Big and Small


I was so proud looking over some pictures some of the WOW Gals had posted for the Kansas City Hospital Hill Run. I will be the first to say I have had waivering participation and effort the last several months.


But seeing Macae, Jayme, and Sarah all there representing the group made me so proud! These runners have all made tremendous strides and accomplished many personal goals to get to that moment.


It was not much over/under a year ago that some of us couldn't or wouldn't even run, period. And look at them now-challenging themselves in ways they never could have imagined.


I think the hardest part for "new" runners is that it isn't still isn't necessarily imbedded as a complete aspect of our lives. We brush our teeth, comb our hair, eat, sleep, and laugh without question or regard. But this newfound hobby for some of us, is still making it's mark.


Seeing my friends accomplish this goal makes me want to strive on to get back on the road! I miss you girls-and will see you soon!

Teri


No comments:

Post a Comment